Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Air America (airline?)-NO

Air America is a radio network. I think it's a network. The network was conceived by.......someone. And it was meant to do..........something. All the while representing the broad mainstream of America........somewhat.

Those whacky guys and gals at Air America, being true to their progressive nature (?), have gone where no commercial station has ever gone before. They are asking for donations. "GET OUT OF TOWN!" you may be saying. But no.....they are. Here is what the newspaper said:

"In an unusual move for commercial radio, Air America Radio quietly launched Sept. 21 a loyalty program that includes asking for donations from listeners, a strategy more common to noncommercial stations and political action committees. According to the network’s Web site, listeners become an “Air America Associate” by making a cash donation to the network."

They "quietly launched" a loyalty program. OOOPS! I'll probably get into trouble just by writing this. I'll write very quietly. Also, at this point I must recuse myself. I don't listen to Air America which apparently put's me in the stupid category of the human race. Reason would tell you that there are not enough smart people around to sustain a Radio Network for smart people. Therefore a PBS style donation drive should not arouse any suspicion in any of us, because nobody listens to PBS. If this does create suspicion....... you are most likely a racist, or were abused as a child by your parents.

But like I said, "I must recuse myself."

If you think Air America sounds like an airline........you are probably a racist, a stupid racist. Of course it is an airline, isn't it? All I know is that extremely smart people who are better than me, because they have "no God," picked "Air America" as their moniker. I think these smart people have visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads.

These people don't get it. You would think smart people would.

I stand recused.